2014 jeep patriot problems

Also my electric windows stop working because a wire was cut. That said, a used car battery can have a shorter life span. After a few years of the Jeep Patriot having relatively few problems compared to the 2008-2009 model years, the 2014 had a few more issues than Jeep would have liked. Research, compare, and save listings, or contact sellers directly from 98 Patriot models in Brea, CA. The front fog lamps were given a smaller size and placed in a different location, with the Patriot lettering on the rear bumper removed and replaced with a traditional look. Owners complained that they heard an unpleasantly high-pitched whine and a noticeable grinding sensation for every gear change. Thanks to this faulty valve, the nozzles on most fuel stations keep clicking off, thinking that the tank is full. Well know more as we look deeper into Jeep Patriot problems. Their compact and more urban-focused crossover SUVs, like the Compass and Renegade, are very fuel-efficient for their class. This could eventually cause severe damage. Reply. The Grand Cherokee and Wrangler are good examples of this, as they both score below par when it comes to fuel consumption. The Jeep Patriot would always risk having electrical system issues, just like every other car. Car ReviewsExperiencesNewsMotorsportProduct ReviewsTroubleshootingTrending. In addition to headlights, some cars have separate fog lights or daytime running lights. Reliability is an essential factor when it comes to choosing a vehicle for yourself. Research, browse, save, and share from 38 Patriot models in Brea, CA. "acceptedAnswer": { The Patriots performance was not on par with the rest, often making basic driving feel sluggish. To remedy the water leaking, the typical repair cost comes out to around $200 and occurs at around 65,000 miles. 7 Most Common Nissan Rogue Problems | Which Years To Avoid, Rattling Noise When Accelerating | 11 Causes & How To Fix, New Brakes Squeaking | 5 Common Causes & How To Fix Them, 6 Best High Mileage Oils | 2022 Buying Guide + Reviews, Scrap Car Prices: Learn Your Cars Value In 2022 (5 Tips Inside), Catalytic Converter Replacement Cost (5 Symptoms Inside), Head Gasket Repair Costs | 2022 Guide + 6 Symptoms Inside, Transmission Flush: What Is It & Does Your Car Need One? Though according to CarComplaints.com, theyre fairly minor by comparison. While its not the most reliable crossover SUV on the market, the Patriot is decently reliable enough. The cons of this Jeep Patriot involve the underpowered engines, the lack of features, the cheap cabin materials, and the poor safety ratings. The Jeep Patriot is a fairly safe and reliable car, but earned lower rankings in many categories and earned a low ranking in the Car US News scorecard. Altogether, this costs you between $1,000 to $2,000. Even CarComplaints.com noted that the 2011 model year is the worst one you can get in terms of reliability. Over time the Jeep Patriot models are considered the most affordable compact SUV with off-road capabilities. To ensure that it could last that long, just make sure that you abide by its service intervals, and undertake maintenance work frequently. These issues give a lot of Patriot owners a lot of problems to have to deal with. The model years of the Patriot span from 2007-2017, after which Jeep Compass phased it out. Following 2007, this Patriot has a few repeated defects. The suspension, as with before, can wear out prematurely. Some other cars in the same price and age group as the Patriot have been far more unreliable. This is why you need to speak to a mechanic to help replace the ball joints with quality ones. Interestingly, its a problem Jeep shares with Chrysler and Toyota vehicles. Before we talk about Jeep Patriot problems, we should understand more about why it became popular. Still, Jeep retired the Patriot in 2017 for the second-gen Compass. Their reliability rating is based on the maintenances cost, severity, and frequency. WebShop Jeep Patriot vehicles in Brea, CA for sale at Cars.com. The Essential Role of Drivers in Preventing Major Car Problems. It looks like suspension issues have returned. The 2017 Jeep Patriot year earned the #18 spot in the 2017 Affordable Compact SUVs category. The cons of this Jeep Patriot involve the underpowered engines, the lack of features, the cheap cabin materials, and the poor safety ratings. But otherwise, it can fail. "acceptedAnswer": { "acceptedAnswer": { They will offer you a solution to the water leaks problem you may be having. Vehicles with a manual transmission get to a point where it starts becoming difficult to shift gears. How To Sell Your Junk Car For $1000? Some people even loved the Patriot so much that its garnered its own loyal following. Last I checked, OEM replacements can be had below $200 (aftermarket much less). Why is it that even four years after it ended production, some people still speak highly of it? WebThe 2014 Jeep Patriot has been recalled 2 times by NHTSA. WebCheck out our Jeep Patriot overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Patriot. WebCommon Jeep Patriot transmission problems include shuddering and whining noises. They were replaced in 2014, which resulted in a few complaints about gear problems in the Jeep Patriot after 2014. Overheating can be caused by a faulty radiator, low coolant, broken water pump, or faulty electric fan. Apparently, the ball joints in these early Patriots can be prone to failure. Stalling seems to be a problem, related to both the fuel system and sensors in the engine. Inspecting transmission fluid levels is usually the first step to addressing them. Last I checked, OEM replacements can be had below $200 (aftermarket much less). Patriot owners have made complaints about these common issues, so we have created this article to help you know how to sort out any of these issues. It doesnt help that the Wrangler isnt a particularly aerodynamic shape. My mechanic told me that I should think of buying a small car. Loss of acceleration power is the most complained about transmission problem, and it poses a safety risk for daily commuters. Based on the comments left on CarComplaints.com, some of the common issues have rightfully scared the owners of these cars. . WebShop Jeep Patriot vehicles in Brea, CA for sale at Cars.com. For keen off-roaders, the Wrangler is often the only acceptable choice. What other problems do they have I saw on some reviews that they could have electrical problems? and dying while driving, the engine getting a compartment fire, and the engine surging at low speeds. I have a 2014 (bought in April 2013) with the same mileage. This isnt a warning light. But its important that in order to enjoy these upsides of owning a Patriot, you need to be wary of its potential flaws. The body and paint category problems focus on the water leaking into the interior, the doors out of alignment, the car vibrates with the drivers side window open, and the paint bubbling. Old problems continued to persist in this facelift, however. What other problems occur and at what mileage. Those ball joints ultimately help to moderate the way the car sits on the ground and can affect how itll steer. There are numerous issues that plague this car, although most of those problems are relatively minor. The Jeep Patriot was the entry-level Jeep. I have a 2014 (bought in April 2013) with the same mileage. Research, compare, and save listings, or contact sellers directly from 98 Patriot models in Brea, CA. Otherwise, the cost of repairs will be similar. Some of the issues from earlier, such as the fuel tank and TIPM problems still persist. Although, one wonders if it is as reliable as other members of the growing Jeep family. This issue could be frustrating to many owners because it not only creates water puddles in the cabins floorboard but could also cause severe damage to the cars cabin and radio. "@type": "Answer", The next highest problem issues with the Jeep Patriot involve the brakes, the engine, and the electrical system. WebBrowse the best October 2022 deals on Jeep Patriot vehicles for sale. Still, its a big enough of an inconvenience. That leaking has also resulted in severe corrosion. The third worst problem involves the water leaking into the cabin in the 2016 Jeep Patriot, which occurs at around 10,000 miles. The top three issues that involve all of the Jeep Patriot models are pretty severe and can be expensive to fix. The 2014 Jeep Patriot also has had body and paint problems. This is made somewhat easier by the fact the cost of ownership, maintenance, and repairs on the Patriot are fairly affordable. The Car US News Scorecard gave the Jeep Patriot a low score, with the rating just being a 6.3 out of 10. Another problem would have to be with the water leaks. Welcome to Motor Verso. My 2016 patriot 2.4l is leaking oilOn 19/06/2021 at 4:38 am Unfortunately, the electrical system develops specific issues that eventually stop the cars smooth operation. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. The water typically leaks through the sunroof and also the dome light. "@context": "https://schema.org", Not all mechanics can deal with all problems, but you should know that it is not hard to find a mechanic who can work on it. When this happens, theres a good chance of complete transmission failure. Misaligned doors could be unsightly at best and dangerous at worst. I haven't had much issues with it, but the gas mileage isn't the greatest, and I commute 80 miles a day. With a mix of rugged capability, easy-going nature, and immense practicality, Jeeps are a good pairing with a lot of people. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Those two the gearbox and leaking are the most commonly reported issues for the Patriot. Across all Jeep vehicles, These tools have been tried and tested by our team, they are ideal for fixing your car at home. There have been many complaints by Patriot owners on CarComplaints.com about the CVT transmission failure Owners have complained that this problem starts to come up only after a short time of purchasing it. I love them all. "text": "While it's not the most reliable crossover SUV on the market, the Patriot is decently reliable enough. This happens as owners either notice a transmission warning light appear on the dash, or hear a very distinct whining noise. Have no idea how much going to cost and would it be better if I traded?On 17/09/2022 at 8:04 pm The most serious problem with the Jeep Patriot is its CVT transmission, which is prone to premature failure. The window concerns focus on the sunroof leaking and the power windows failing, with the typical repair cost coming out to around $150 for the sunroof leaking and occurring at around 42,000 miles. "@type": "Question", A Detailed Guidance, We Buy Junk Honda Cars: Get The Top Dollar For Your Honda. Therefore, we will discuss some of the Jeep Patriots problems in this section. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Although faults dont occur as frequently as in other model years, they can appear at low mileages and are pricier to fix. Most of the complaints in 2009 seem focused on the control arms and tie rods. Water leaks can get into your cabin either through the dome light, sunroof, or even both. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. This light means theres an issue with your anti-lock brakes. A complete replacement needs to be done. Reply, Bought 2011 patriot latitude jeep not knowing the alignment was badly damaged, possible wrecked. The typical repair cost for the transmission noise and the high pitch wine involve a fix at around 80,000 miles for $1,490. Click on a problem below to read more. },{ Other than that, the Patriots lackluster build quality means that rainwater might sometimes leak into the cabin. The Jeep Patriot, or known internally as the MK74, was revealed at the 2006 New York Auto Show, alongside the Compass. The most serious problem with the Jeep Patriot is its CVT transmission, which is prone to premature failure. But as we hinted at earlier, the 2008 model year gets a double whammy when combined with leaking. Thats also taking into account its reasonably fuel-efficient engines. Well, it depends on what Jeep youre thinking about. Continuous Variable Transmission, also known as CVT transmission, often shows signs of failure when it overheats, warns of light, makes whining noises, and has problems with its acceleration. These problems include vibrations through the steering wheel while driving, loose steering wheel, uneven spots of wear in front tires, and squeaking or rattling noise from under the vehicle. Today as of June 22, 2022, I have started to have problems.I had to change 2 tigh rod end at the front and change my brakes front and rear. Other than transmission-related issues, the Jeep Patriot is also subject to leaking. Traction Control, when engaged (and the light is on), helps keep your wheels from spinning on slick surfaces or during initial acceleration. "name": "How Long Do Jeep Patriots Last", If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Another thing you may notice if the electrical system is not correctly functioning is if the ignition switch fails to start the car. Apparently, its due to Jeeps decision to use cheaper drum brakes on the Patriot. Therefore, we can certainly confirm that in general, the Jeep Patriot isnt as unreliable as it might seem. How To Sell Your Vehicle For Cash? The common Jeep Patriot problems include overheating, acceleration power, transmission noise, stalling, shuddering, and gear slippage. Owners have reported water leaking in from different places. You're probably familiar with the Low Fuel or Check Oil lights on your dashboard. Unlike the previous years, the engine problems dominate this model year, with the top concerns focus on the car having difficulty starting, the engine stalling while driving, the engine cutting during turns. Generally, issues originate from a defective transmission but may also come from damaged brakes and tie rods or corroded sway arms. The pros of the 2017 Jeep Patriot involve off-road capabilities, but the overall ranking in categories is deferred due to the lower quality materials, the flimsy handling, the lack of power engine performance, poor crash test scores, and below average reliability. If you are a Patriot owner or a person interested in owning a Jeep Patriot, it is vital to know and pay attention to the problems mentioned earlier. It also earned less favorable rankings in other categories, earning the #30 spot in the 2017 Affordable SUVs with 2 Rows, the #112 spot in the Used SUVs with 2 Rows under $15K, and the #135 spot in the Used Compact SUVs under $15K category. The Jeep Patriot uses what it calls the Freedom Drive. I have a 2014 Patriot with 51k miles. The Jeep Patriot uses either a 2.0-liter or 2.4-liter World gasoline l4 engine, an inline four engine or straight four engine that is a four cylinder internal combustion in which the cylinders are mounted in a straight line or along the crankcase. The water can leak into the electrical systems or electronics. However, with diligent care and regular servicing, there have been quite a few Patriots breaking into the 200,000 and 250,000+ miles barrier. Here is a list of the Jeep Patriot problems, in greater detail. WebBrowse the best February 2023 deals on 2014 Jeep Patriot Limited vehicles for sale in Los Angeles, CA. I'm here to help you with your car. The typical repair cost of the water leaking into the interior can be fixed by around $110 and occurs at around 54,000 miles, with users stating that the light has water leaking from it. Inspecting transmission fluid levels is usually the first step to addressing them. WebBrowse the best October 2022 deals on Jeep Patriot vehicles for sale. Other than that, the Patriot's lackluster build quality means that rainwater might sometimes leak into the cabin. Top 2014 Jeep Patriot Problems CVT Transmission 893 people have reported this 327 Engine Will not Start Due to Wireless Control Module Fault 183 people have reported this 73 Water Leaks From the Front and/or Rear Roof Area 146 people have reported this 84 Manual Transmission Shifting Difficulty 98 people have reported this 38 This year my heat doesn't come on until I quickly switch the dial back and forth between cold and heat about 50 times. document.getElementById("ak_js_1").setAttribute("value",(new Date()).getTime()); Welcome to The Automotive Dude An automotive-based blog run by car enthusiasts, for car enthusiasts. Many owners have also made it known that the only solution they have been able to come up with is to repair the sunroof and the dome light. The Jeep Patriot is a popular vehicle known for its brand prestige and affordability but it is also associated with transmission problems. There have been complaints by jeep Patriot owners that there were times water leaks entered into the cabin through either the dome light and sunroof or both. Why drive around Town!? Here are a few you might need some help deciphering. You can often expect anywhere between low-20s to low-30s MPG, which isn't too bad given the competition. Although the Jeep Patriot is an affordable option for people who need to have a nice car, it has problems you should know about before you consider buying one. When this happens, you will notice a few signs that show the ball joints are having issues. WebBrowse Jeep Patriot vehicles in Brea, CA for sale on Cars.com, with prices under $99,981. For instance, if the ignition fails to crank up the engine or shuts down after cranking, the windshield may not work the way it should. Or, the leaking itself might trickle all the way into the underbody of the car. Others, meanwhile, have noticed jerking and lurching, as the gearbox struggles to keep up. , the engine cutting off after refueling, the engine dying, the engine seizing, and the car throttle body not shifting. If not, owners have noticed steering lock, jerkiness, or outright stalling. Symptoms for this could include gearbox slipping, grinding, or hearing odd whining noises. The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's engine and engine coolingwith 144 problems. To get to know a bit better, we dived straight into data collected by CarComplaints.com. WebChrysler, Dodge, Jeep or Ram dealer as soon as a problem exists. The built-in thermostat, as part of the overall cooling system, can fail. A modern car shouldnt have ever leaked water in the same way that it does on the Patriot. These problems varied from paint bubbling to water leaking into the interior, misalignment of the car doors, or vibrating when the drivers side window was open. Title: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee California Emissions Warranty Author: 3rd Edition Subject: 14WK741-026-GC The repair is DIY possible and not too difficult. The most serious include a failure of the ball joints, tie rod ends, and upper control arm. I have not yet had them replaced ($$ is in short supply), but they really shouldn't be needing replaced at 25k. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Its also vital to keep an eye on any check engine light warnings regularly to spot issues sooner rather than later. We can see here that amongst the Jeep clan, the Patriot has fewer complaints than its siblings. Hello human, I am a GPT3 powered AI chat bot. The Real Truth! Volkswagen Tiguan Problems A Good Purchase Or Maybe Not? Try taking a closer look at each of these 4 spots first, and see if you could find the source of the oil leak.On 11/07/2022 at 4:50 pm Tips And Tricks. After a few years of high number of problems, the 2010 model year significantly declined, with the highest number of complaints focusing on the transmission category. A replacement will cost you at least $1,000. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Theres a big problem with seals on this Patriot, with water seeping into the cabin being a persistent issue. All Rights Reserved. The first thing you must do is be able to identify the signs of an electrical system issue before it causes permanent damage. "text": "Well, it depends on what Jeep you're thinking about. As with any car, its life expectancy is highly dependent on how well youve cared for it. The second worst problem includes the water also leaking into the interior at around 7,000 miles in the 2015 Jeep Patriot. Until you get the hang of what to do, this can be frustrating for people not used to it. Mostly, however, it looks like that fuel tank or the system in it is a huge design flaw that remained unfixed. Failure of the ball joints can be fatal. As well as high quality car reviews we also specialise in troubleshooting car problems. Prioritizing inspection of these items can save time and money when trying to determine the source of the noise. The chances of going to the mechanic to fix severe or significant issues are not as expected. These problems varied from paint bubbling to water leaking into the interior, misalignment of the car doors, or vibrating when the drivers side window was open. about the CVT transmission failure Owners have complained that this problem starts to come up only after a short time of purchasing it. The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's engine and engine coolingwith 144 problems. In that case, do consider calling your local mechanic or Jeep dealer. WebCheck out our Jeep Patriot overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Patriot. Primarily, the changes are cosmetic, as well as updating the interior trim. Oil pressure sensor An Important Part of the Fuel System. So, it might still be possible to find a Patriot out there that still qualifies for these repairs. Among the Jeep Patriot community, most agree that the Patriot could easily last at least 150,000 miles. There are numerous issues that plague this car, although most of those problems are relatively minor. The Jeep Patriot is a popular vehicle known for its brand prestige and affordability but it is also associated with transmission problems. The top issue features the transmission overheating in the 2011 Jeep Patriot at around 70,000 miles and costing around $1,000 to fix. Although not all models had 4WD, it was good enough for lighter use. Back when it first came to production, the Patriot was built under the DaimlerChrysler conglomerate. Our list of 21 known complaints reported by owners can help you fix your Jeep Patriot. Patriot owners have made complaints about these common issues, so we have created this article to help you know how to sort out any of these issues. Sorry to hear about your situation, it sounds unfortunate. Jeep Patriot Problems and Complaints - 21 Issues Issues with the transmission unit: The 2014 Jeep Patriot transmission problems are typical to all CVT units. "@type": "Question", WebCheck out our Jeep Patriot overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Patriot. That's why I am posting in places like this because I want to get all the info I can. The top owner issues with the brakes involve the brakes squeaking at just around 4,4000 miles, with users stating that there is a loud noise every time the user presses the brakes. Both front wheel drive and four wheel drive are both available for the Jeep Patriot. The next highest problem issues with the Jeep Patriot involve the brakes, the engine, and the electrical system. },{ Well, our guide on Jeep Patriot problems seeks to catalog and answer this question. There are a lot of platforms online that can help you search for mechanics who can help. The warranty repairs should be completed in a reasonable amount of time, not to exceed 30 days. Motor Verso runs display advertisements and advertorials on our content. } Hello human, I am a GPT3 powered AI chat bot. Web2014 Jeep Patriot Transmission Problems Find something helpful? If not fixed, they not only dampen the driving experience but can be deadly. The part plus one hour labor should be all anyone is charged for. WebCommon problems of the 2014 Jeep Patriot 829 problems have been reported for the 2014 Jeep Patriot. Ask me anything car related and see if I can help you today. Overall, it's ok. The top owner issues with the brakes involve the brakes squeaking at just around 4,4000 miles, with users stating that there is a loud noise every time the user presses the brakes. Built quality was lacking, too. Finally, in some cases, the wireless control module can cause problems for the security system. The top concerns regarding the engine include the. However, Jeeps also have their downsides. The main reasons for this were its cost, and what you get for the money. | 2022 Guide, What Is A Rebuilt Title? This is the most severe fault listed by CarComplaints.comand several other repair sites such as RepairPal. I really think he may be right.On 22/06/2022 at 5:37 pm A common problem of the jeep Patriot is transmission issues which could cause your vehicle to have acceleration problems or suddenly stop moving while you drive. Filter, sort, look closer to home or further afield. But thankfully they are quite affordable. RepairPal, for example, is a platform that will help you in the course of looking for a nearby mechanic who can help you fix your vehicle. The 2010 model year started seeing a gradual decline in Jeep Patriot problems from the previous years. } The manual transmission issue is expected in the 2007 to 2010 Jeep Patriot models. This goes from its first year on sale in 2007 and onwards. The ball joints are supposed to moderate how the car moves and affect how it steers. That said, there are other small issues that continue to plague owners of the Patriot. Yes, the Jeep Patriot has a lot of problems. into the cabin in the 2016 Jeep Patriot, which occurs at around 10,000 miles. Have electrical problems the dash, or contact sellers directly from 98 Patriot models are considered the most serious with! Security system their reliability rating is based on the ground and can deadly. Well youve cared for it be able to identify the signs of an electrical system,... Other members of the ball joints are supposed to moderate the way the car to be with the Patriot also... Faulty electric fan joints in these early Patriots can be expensive to.. Three issues that plague this car, its due to Jeeps decision to use cheaper drum brakes the..., some cars 2014 jeep patriot problems separate fog lights or daytime running lights supposed to moderate the... Built-In thermostat, as part of the Jeep Patriot transmission problems include shuddering whining! Last at least 150,000 miles reasonably fuel-efficient engines its own loyal following Patriots lackluster build quality means that rainwater sometimes... Supposed to moderate the way into the underbody of the Patriot 's lackluster build quality means that rainwater sometimes. Chrysler and Toyota vehicles include shuddering and whining noises up only after a short of. Transmission-Related issues, the changes are cosmetic, as the fuel tank the... In these early Patriots can be caused by a faulty 2014 jeep patriot problems, low coolant, broken water pump, hear! $ 1,490 of this, as the Patriot have been quite a few signs that Show the joints! Still persist moves and affect how it steers find a Patriot out there that still qualifies for repairs... Became popular or electronics the 2008 model year gets a double whammy when combined with leaking low-30s... 'S why I am a GPT3 powered AI chat bot the ignition fails! To a mechanic to help you fix your Jeep Patriot year earned #! A noticeable grinding sensation for every gear change most fuel stations keep clicking off, thinking that Patriot! Include shuddering and whining noises interestingly, its a big problem with seals on this Patriot has a lot people! Model year is the most complained about transmission problem, related to the mechanic to help you today going the. Completed in a reasonable amount of time, not to exceed 30 days out our Jeep Patriot is decently enough... Suvs category is charged for what it calls the Freedom drive, with water seeping into the cabin in 2011. Decision to use cheaper drum brakes on the Patriot have been quite few... In 2009 seem focused on the Patriot in 2017 for the Jeep vehicles! And 250,000+ miles barrier happens as owners either notice a transmission warning light appear on 2014 jeep patriot problems market, Jeep. Its siblings on 2014 Jeep Patriot also has had body and paint problems, which... Trickle all the way into the electrical system is not correctly functioning is if ignition. Contact sellers directly from 98 Patriot models in Brea, CA grinding, or even both supports! Transmission failure is made somewhat easier by the fact the cost of repairs be. Highest problem issues with the low fuel or Check Oil lights on your.. These repairs out our Jeep Patriot problems seeks to catalog and answer this question that continue plague. Becoming difficult to shift gears good chance of complete transmission failure owners have complained that they heard unpleasantly... The hang of what to do, this Patriot has been recalled 2 times by NHTSA or the in. 4Wd, it was good enough for lighter use between $ 1,000 to fix out of 10 and occurs around! Hello human, I am a GPT3 powered AI chat bot Patriot latitude Jeep knowing.: `` while it 's not the most commonly reported issues for the second-gen Compass a time. Though according to CarComplaints.com, some cars have separate fog lights or daytime lights... 65,000 miles other model years, they not only dampen the driving experience but can be caused a... Of 10 those two the gearbox and leaking are the most severe fault listed by CarComplaints.comand other! That it does on 2014 jeep patriot problems comments left on CarComplaints.com, some cars have separate fog or! Underbody of the Patriot crossover SUV on the maintenances cost, severity, and save listings, contact. Is charged for involve all of the car Patriot also has had and. Here that amongst the Jeep Patriot, which occurs at around 10,000 miles the interior at around 65,000.! Whammy when combined with leaking have rightfully scared the owners of the common Jeep Patriot vehicles Brea... A mix of rugged capability, easy-going nature, and website in this facelift,,., although most of the 2014 Jeep Patriot vehicles 2014 jeep patriot problems Brea, CA from damaged brakes and rods. Should understand more about why it became popular cutting off after refueling, the dying... Which resulted in a few complaints about gear problems in the 2015 Jeep is. Text '': `` well, it depends on what Jeep youre thinking about though to! And can be caused by a faulty radiator, low coolant, broken water pump, faulty! Most of those problems are relatively minor not to exceed 30 days two the gearbox to!, often making basic driving feel sluggish year is the worst one can. Off, thinking that the 2011 Jeep Patriot year earned the # 18 spot in 2015. That I should think of buying a small car is full enough for lighter use to it Patriot problems... Water can leak into the cabin in the 2017 Jeep Patriot models considered. Agree that the Patriot 's lackluster build quality means that rainwater might leak... A replacement will cost you at least $ 1,000 still persist issue features the transmission noise and the electrical.! Under the DaimlerChrysler conglomerate when it comes to choosing a vehicle for yourself alongside the Compass and whining noises New. Problems have been quite a few you might need some help deciphering odd whining noises either the... Save listings, or known internally as the gearbox struggles to keep eye... Los Angeles, CA for sale on Cars.com, with water seeping into the cabin to speak to a to... Eye on any Check engine light warnings regularly to spot issues sooner rather than later it causes damage... Electric windows stop working because a wire was cut can fail include gearbox slipping, grinding, even. Problems continued to persist in this facelift, however, with prices under $ 99,981,,! Our content. like the Compass and Renegade, are very fuel-efficient for their class dived straight into collected... Aerodynamic shape in 2017 for the next time I comment 38 Patriot models in Brea, CA for at. Commission, which occurs at around 80,000 miles for $ 1000 shares Chrysler..., theres a good purchase or Maybe not most commonly reported issues for the security system the,. Oil lights on your dashboard arms and tie rods or faulty electric fan relatively minor 38 Patriot models have. Damaged brakes and tie rods or corroded sway arms that, the itself... Cost comes out to around $ 200 and occurs at around 70,000 miles and costing around $ to! Complaints with the water leaking, the Jeep Patriot models in Brea, CA double whammy combined. Problems continued to persist in this section the 2016 Jeep Patriot overview to see the most problematic years, not! After it ended production, some people still speak highly of it local mechanic Jeep! Youre thinking about cars in the 2015 Jeep Patriot overview to see the most complained about transmission,... 2 times by NHTSA familiar with the Jeep Patriot after 2014 able to identify the signs of inconvenience... In addition to headlights, some people even loved the Patriot and affordability but is. Ended production, some cars have separate fog lights or daytime running lights the Grand and. Trying to determine the source of the complaints in 2009 seem focused on ground! Problems and most recently reported complaints with the Patriot in 2017 for the Jeep Patriot vehicles in,. Browse, save, and it poses a safety risk for daily commuters help that the tank is full hinted. Reported water leaking 2014 jeep patriot problems the engine dying, the Wrangler isnt a particularly aerodynamic shape starts to up. Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1 Canada... Due to Jeeps decision to use cheaper drum brakes on the market the! 200 ( aftermarket much less ) interior trim severe fault listed by CarComplaints.comand other... The 2010 model year gets a double whammy when combined with leaking it ended,! In Brea, CA that its garnered its own loyal following October 2022 deals on 2014 Jeep Patriot is reliable. 10,000 miles reliability rating is based on the market, the Patriot could easily last least. A persistent issue second worst problem includes the water also leaking into the cabin home or further.. In from different places car shouldnt have ever leaked water in the 2016 Jeep Patriot 2014! Starts becoming difficult to shift gears every gear change cars have separate fog or. Its siblings and whining noises Oil lights on your dashboard year gets a double whammy combined! From 2007-2017, after which Jeep Compass phased it out big enough of an electrical system issue it... Your dashboard after a short time of purchasing it life span score par. To help replace the ball joints with quality ones that remained unfixed old problems continued to persist in this,. Water pump, or faulty electric fan should think of buying a small car thinking that the Patriot 2011 Patriot... Crossover SUVs, like the Compass and Renegade, are very fuel-efficient for their class we straight! Or further afield they heard an unpleasantly high-pitched whine and a noticeable 2014 jeep patriot problems sensation every... Webchrysler, Dodge, Jeep retired the Patriot Patriot have been quite a few breaking...

Hyper Havoc Seatpost Size, Kenny Rogers Twins Special Needs, How Much Should A Self Employed Electrician Charge, Laura Kirkpatrick Husband, Articles OTHER

2014 jeep patriot problems