why is war and remembrance dvd so expensive

2. It is well worth the money spend on the TWO miniseries as you will watch them again and again and each time seeing it in a different way, always learning more I used them to teach WW ll.Read full review, Current slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES}- Best Selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs. The scenes were not sequential and at least one disk was unreadable. Reviewed in the United States on February 2, 2018. DVD | Drama | 06 May 2015 . While Wouk wrote the script for The Winds of War alone, for War and Remembrance Curtis and Earl W. Wallace wrote the dramatic scenes dealing with the fictional Henry family, while Wouk wrote the scenes involving historical figures. In War and Peace there is the unflappable general Kutuzov. Director Russ Meyers legendary exploitation feature follows a group of go-go dancers who go on a crime spree. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. [26] It also won three Golden Globes, receiving trophies for Best Miniseries, as well as two awards for John Gielgud and Barry Bostwick, who tied for Best Supporting Actor.[27]. You might check out the MPI website. Wish the "War and Remembrance" DVD was not so expensive as I would buy it too. ABC's standards and practices division also agreed to an unprecedented waiver allowing frontal nudity during the lengthy Holocaust sequences,[7] running parental advisories before any episodes beginning before 8pm. Instead, make-up artists took shears to a full scalp wig for her to wear for those scenes instead. The last owner of the aircraft was Californian businessman Jim Gagliardi who bought the jet at a 2017 auction for $430,000. Another generation signed up, though this time reluctantly, knowing they had to defeat an unprecedented evil, unleashed by the unresolved issues of the first. When digital video discs, or DVDs, were first introduced in 1996, consumers were impressed. One such title in high demand is director Carol Reeds The Third Man, with novelist Holly Martins (Joseph Cotton) searching for the killer of his friend Harry Lime (Orson Welles) in postwar Vienna, Austria. Since, we do not take payments online at this time, there is 0% risk in placing order for movies you like on our website. It turns out MPI Home Video that make the War and Remembrance boxed sets, have decided to size down their over-sized packaging on the miniseries. I need to return the item for a refund. , Robert Mitchum, William Schallert, Jeremy Kemp, Steven Berkoff, Robert Hardy, Subtitles: I was there in the film. Persian Gulf War. It's unbelievable that a film as important as this is only available in NON-USA format. In early March, 1945, an American squad finds Natalie barely alive. Vincent was replaced by Hart Bochner. Reviewed in the United States on 27 March 2021. : For Victor Henry, an upwardly mobile naval career sets him in command of a cruiser with sights on selection for the Admiralty. [6] The miniseries was originally intended to run on consecutive nights in January 1989,[6] but the 1988 Writers Guild of America strike caused ABC to move the first half, chapters IVII, up to air in the fall of 1988. If youre intrigued, the 2004 DVD of the filmwhich also features Jamie Lee Curtis and Ben Affleckcan be had for $40 and up. It was created by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks, who also served as executive producers, and who had collaborated on the 1998 World War II film Saving Private Ryan. Find out more Customers who viewed this item also viewed Best Buy: War and Remembrance: Complete Series [13 Discs . Co-starring Polly Bergen as Pug's wife, Hart Bochner and Jane Seymour as Natalie Jastrow, the film encompasses plot lines ranging from key naval battles to the destruction of European Jews at the hands of the Nazis. 1. A majority of the time, they were really great entertainment. Both Curtis and Seymour contracted pneumonia in the brutal sub-zero temperatures there[10] and the production had to briefly shut down as a result. By 1988, network viewership had shrunk to just 68 percent of television viewers. The very last of the big budget, multi night, veteran character actor based miniseries. It too is available on DVD and I highly recommend getting it. It's always great to see them on screen. Current slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES}- Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs, Current slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES}- You may also like. Please try again. [8] This began the downfall of the miniseries, where the format faced decreasing lengths and ratings into the mid-1990s as a result of increasing VCR ownership and cable television; by the 19961997 season, the longest-running network miniseries airing was a six-hour adaptation of The Shining (1996). , Run time This article mainly describes the mini-series interpretation presented on American television in the 1980s. . C $246.87. Jan-Michael Vincent, who played Byron Henry in The Winds of War, was busy as the action lead in the American television series Airwolf. The producers of these disc is the focus. He feared it would be impossible to accomplish, even with virtually unlimited resources. In War and Remembrance there is the stolid German soldier, Von Roon. War and Remembrance - 10-DVD Box Set [ NON-USA FORMAT, PAL, Reg.0 Import - Sweden ] 4 3+ day shipping Now $27.88 Ozark Season 4 DVD Part 1 New sealed Region 1 1 3+ day shipping $63.75 Chicago Med Season 1-6 DVD 3+ day shipping $79.40 Foyle's War: The Complete Saga (DVD) 81 3+ day shipping $56.99 Not for the War but for how it comes together. : Plot: War and Remembrance sweeps back the pages of history, bringing alive the turmoil and the tragedy, the madness, the glory and the horrors of a world at war. Giles, thanks for the reply. The completely same movie uncut (albeit with a few Japanese characters added on the cover), but the price is dramatically lower. Reviewed in the United States on 16 February 2020. From its beautiful opening and closing score to its unforgettable images and people, "War and Remembrance" is like no other. The rest will appear later in the season,. In my set, despite being brand new, part 8 on disc 7 had a scratch preventing it from loading. Free returns, plus no due dates or late fees. After 18 hours of "Winds of War (WW)," it's hard to be brief about the 30-hour sequel, "War and Remembrance (W & R)." So, to recount them accurately is takes time. Many people were extremely happy that the fighting had stopped and there were big celebrations and street. The 2005 DVD sells for $59 and up, though you can now catch the entire movie (legally) on YouTube. Once one false note sneaks in, you're gone. (Z.P.G. War And Remembrance Type TV Series Genre Drama Additional Product Features Distributor Madman Entertainment Number of Discs 10 Release Year 1988 Aspect Ratio 4:3 Run Time 1500 mins Best Selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs See all 1883 : Season 1 (DVD, 2021) AU $29.90 New AU $27.00 Used Outlander : Season 6 (DVD, 2021) AU $27.99 New ---- Used "War and Remembrance" is tremendous television. His request was aided by the intercession of TVP, the public Polish TV network, and the support of Poland's preeminent World War II expert, who approved the script. Featuring an all-star cast and spectacular reenactments of the Allied invasions at Normandy and the Philippines, Herman Wouk s classic novel is brought to life in an award-winning mini-series that. The most expensive part of a war is maintaining the fight. "War and Remembrance" serves as both a World War II Cliff's Notes, with key battles and turning points highlighted, and a remembrance of people, some real, some fictitious, who were central. This epic World War II television miniseries sequel to 1983s The Winds of War stars Robert Mitchum and Jane Seymour and first aired on ABC. War & Remembrance: The Complete Series Format: DVD 810 ratings $14067 DVD $140.67 Release Day Delivery for eligible pre-orders and locations T&Cs apply. In this series we see Hitler far more accurately then ever before. As one who has been in combat since 1970 I can tell you with the highest level of honour, that this miniseries, along with the "Winds of War" are exceptional. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for War and Remembrance (Wwii Book 2) at Amazon.com. 7. I kept checking for a while before I got the US versions. Track down the hard to find as quickly as possible - if it's available, we will get it! This book was fascinating and helps to explain how so many countries in Europe and treaties were formed. Plus the packaging is more of a reasonable size. I noticed that they have imported versions of War and Remembrance on dvd. Following Pearl Harbor, Victor commands a battleship while his Jewish daughter-in-law, Natalie (Jane Seymour), is trapped in Europe with her famed uncle, Prof. Aaron Jastrow (John Gielgud). Because the miniseries was being shot out of sequence, Jane Seymour's long hair could not be cut for the scenes at Auschwitz, which were the very first she filmed. Director Dan Curtis pulls out all the stops in this adaptation of author Herman Wouk's sprawling World War II opus, a landmark television series starring Robert Mitchum as Captain "Pug" Henry, head of an illustrious American naval family. I guess you'll just have to keep checking Movielib. It continues the story of the extended Henry family and the Jastrow family starting on 15 December 1941 and ending on 6 August 1945. Well, I'm just getting frustrated. Deliver fast and friendly service to every customer. The original US TV series was shot on film. The Persian Gulf War, one of the shortest conflicts in U.S . To those who stumble upon War and Remembrance, watching this series is somewhat difficult if you haven't seen Winds of War, the first part of the story. Our processing time is 1-2 days for in-stock items for domestic orders. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations. The big budget was well spent and Dan Curtis' direction was solid. Perhaps it has to do with Winds of War being released back in May by Paramount. We offer a great range, great service and fast shipping. It has a mixture of new and old cast which takes a little getting used to, but the new actors filled in well for us once we got in a few episodes and I liked the new ones better in some ways. The low ratings were also reported to be partly responsible for ABC entertainment head Brandon Stoddard losing his job in April 1989. The television mini-series continues the story of the extended Henry family and the Jastrow family starting on December 15, 1941 and ending on August 7, 1945 and their life experiences during World War II. The disc labeled 'Part 9' was actually 'Part 11', conversely, 'Part 11' was actually 'Part 9'. He was a serious mental case and the actor who played that role had a hard job and he pulled it off extremely well. Other reviewers have been so critical of the sequel, mainly with cast changes, that you After 18 hours of "Winds of War (WW)," it's hard to be brief about the 30-hour sequel, "War and Remembrance (W & R)." The family has trouble adjusting after heading back to America. Cast and crew also hint in more recent interviews in the featurette on the Winds of War DVD that Vincent's drinking made him difficult on set. 4 4 4 comments Best Add a Comment beav0901dm 4 yr. ago sounds like it's an out-of-print title 2 retrodork 4 yr. ago During World War 2 the U.S. government negotiated contracts with companies like GM and Ford to produce stuff (guns,tanks,planes) for the war. It took me out of the show for a while until I suspended disbelief and enjoyed this great series for what it is: An epic, mostly successful recreation of World War II causes, leading figures, key battles and aftermath. I wish it was a little better quality. : It is one of the best miniseries ever made, following the books closely and being faithful to the characters Wouk created. War and Remembrance is an American miniseries based on the novel of the same name by Herman Wouk. WAR AND REMEMBRANCE: THE FINAL CHAPTER (1988; Robert Mitchum, Herman Wouk) 6 DVD, Herman Wouks WAR and REMEMBRANCE The FINAL CHAPTER Deluxe 6 Disc DVD Collection, War and Remembrance - The Complete Series 13-Disc DVD & CD Set VGC, War and Remembrance - Boxed Set (DVD, 6-Disc Set) Final Chapter, Herman Wouk: War And Remembrance - Complete Collection - DVD (REGION B), War And Remembrance - The Complete S [DVD], RECUERDOS DE GUERRA (War and Remembrance)[Castellano/English] (6 DVDs, 2014), War and Remembrance 7 Disc Set DVD CD (Herman Wouk) parts VIII-XII of 12 part, War And Remembrance The Complete Series 10xDIscs (Robert Mitchum) Region 4 DVD, The Winds of War (DVD) & War and Remembrance Herman Wouk, WAR AND REMEMBRANCE: THE COMPLETE SET 1-12 DVD'S Puus Bonus Features NEW SEALED, Herman Wouk's War and Remembrance The Complete Mini Series DVD - REGION 1, Herman Wouk's War and Remembrance Parts I-VII 6-Disc Box Set DVD SEALED, War and Remembrance: The Complete Epic Mini-Series - DVD - GOOD, War and Remembrance - The Complete Series (10-Disc) DVD Box Set - New, War and Remembrance DVD Collection Final Chapter Deluxe 6 Disc 2003 Herman Wouk, Herman Wouk's War and Remembrance: Parts I - VII & VII-XII DVD 2004 6-Disc Set, War and Remembrance DVD Collection Deluxe 6 Disc 2002 Box Set Herman Wouk, War and Remembrance: Deluxe Collection DVD Set 6 Discs, Herman Wouk - War And Remembrance - Dvd [EU Import] DVD NEW, WAR AND REMEMBRANCE - COMPLETE MINI SERIES DVD SEALED HERMAN WOUKS, Herman Wouk's War and Remembrance 3-DVD Set - The Final Chapter: Parts VIII-X, War and Remembrance The Complete DVD Set - Drama War, War And Remembrance: Parts I-VII (DVD, 2004, 6-Disc Set) 1-7 Herman Wouk, New, Herman Wouks WAR AND REMEMBRANCE (1988) Parts I-IV [3-Disc DVD Set], Herman Wouk's War and Remembrance DVD 12 Disc Box Set WW2 Series, War and Remembrance & Winds Of War: The Complete Series (DVD, 2008, 18-Disc Set), LOT 2 Herman Wouks War and Remembrance & Final Chapter Complete Series DVD Sets. As Allied forces advance closer to Germany, Himmler orders all traces of the Holocaust, including Auschwitz. Scenes set in Russia were filmed in Montreal in temperatures reaching 40 degrees below zero Celsius. 47 product ratings - WAR AND REMEMBRANCE DVD The Complete TV Mini Series By Herman Wouk 1988. Explore Canada's #1 Classifieds. Jane Seymour was cast as Natalie Henry in place of Ali MacGraw after Seymour campaigned for the role and made a screen test. : The two discs are mislabeled. It sells for $275 and up. Our aim is to build a comprehensive listing of movies and TV shows available to date. On ebay its 20 to 40 dollars for the dvd which is absurd. "[23], Due to the lower than expected ratings for the first half, the second half, chapters VIIIXII (marketed by ABC as "The Final Chapter"), had several hours cut before airing. About Us Back; Stakeholders Relations; Services . Upload subtitles Sounds good movielib. If you want films that have exception adaptions, acting, musical score, a greater understanding of war and the horrors of this war, then this is the series to buy. It was so. Prices include AU GST (if applicable). flint motorcycle accident; vinfast usa distribution, llc At Auschwitz, Aaron is sent to the gas chambers, while Natalie is allowed to live as a forced laborer. it's the one movie of his I have not seen. 46 product ratings - Herman Wouk's War and Remembrance DVD 12 Disc Box Set WW2 Complete Series. PHONE "The Winds of War" and "War and Remembrance" by Herman Wouk are two fantastic books set in the years leading up to WW2 and the actual war years, respectively. Tuesday 8 May, 1945, was an emotional day that millions of people had been waiting for. Current slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES}- Top picked items. Wearing a poppy is never compulsory but is greatly appreciated by those who it is intended to support. Miniseries had been major events on American television and ABC had produced some of the most seminal, under its ABC Novels for Television banner, including QB VII, Rich Man, Poor Man, Roots, Roots: The Next Generations, and Masada. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Mon - Sat / 10:00AM - 10:00PM, DVD Planet Store now offers "International Delivery" to AU, US, UK, CA and others. He was a serious mental case and the actor who played that role had a hard job and he pulled it off extremely well. The lowest-priced brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable).Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag.See details for additional description. While Germany expands and proceeds to seize several border countries, Italy attempts to establish a Fascist Colonial Empire under Mussolini and Japan prepares for a major battle with China. Terrific 12 DVD version of the epic 1988 miniseries. Filmed from January 1986 to September 1987, the 1,492 page script (by Earl W. Wallace, Dan Curtis, and Herman Wouk) contained 2,070 scenes. That means sending a lot of food, equipment, and soldiers which are a huge expense. Original Name: War and RemembranceNumber of Seasons: 1Number of Episodes: 12Status: Ended, Rating: 7.6Vote Count: 9Type: MiniseriesNetwork(s): American Broadcasting CompanyFirst Air Date: November 13, 1988Last Air Date: May 14, 1989Episode Runtime: 135 minsPrimary Year: 1988Genres: Drama, WarIMDB Link: tt0096725Production Companies: Paramount Pictures, Jadran Film, ABC Circle Films, Dan Curtis ProductionsSpoken Language(s): EnglishOrigin Countries: United States of America. Actually, movielib, it might be a blessing in disguise that it worked out this way. Byron leads a successful attack on an enemy tanker, but it makes him realize he is not a career officer. I saw both when they first were aired. Reviewed in the United States on 27 July 2019. But, I can live with it. The Holocaust scenes featuring John Gielgud and Jane Seymour are especially riveting and not for the faint of heart. I really enjoyed watching the tension between the characters and the action during the war scenes. Read more. Victor's son Byron has equal success as a submarine officer, eventually selected to command his own ship, yet all the while must deal with the separation of his wife and son who are held in German custody as enemy alien Jews. The miniseries, which aired from November 13, 1988, to May 14, 1989, covers the period of World War II from the American entry into World War II immediately after Pearl Harbor in December 1941 to the day after the bombing of the Japanese city of Hiroshima. William Woodson again serves as narrator. 528 DVD 27 offers from 2.62 Product description This deluxe boxed set contains the entire epic story of WAR AND REMEMBRANCE all fourteen parts, 26 hours on 12 discs plus a bonus audio CD of the War and Remembrance soundtrack music. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages that interest you. I noticed that they have imported versions of War and Remembrance on dvd. Although most of the enormous cast of The Winds of War returned to their roles in War and Remembrance, including Robert Mitchum, Victoria Tennant, Polly Bergen and Jeremy Kemp, several roles were recast. When both sets were first released on DVD, they came in over-size gift boxes with a color booklet, and one of the boxes also contained a soundtrack CD. The movies of Winds of War and War and Remembrance make me want to read the books again. Battle scenes are vivid and intense. While streaming services have lowered the demand for disc-based media, a number of titles can still command premium prices owing to their scarcity. I love this story and have seen it on TV twice. Reviewed in the United States on 18 September 2020. The purpose of International Holocaust Remembrance Day is two-fold: to serve as a date for official commemoration of the victims of the Nazi regime and to promote Holocaust education throughout the world. I was pretty disappointed by the lack of the original cast. It is the sequel to highly successful The Winds of War. 8. Any reason why it cost so much? 11 things you might not know about the poppy. A real curiosity, this Billy Bob Thornton-directed comedy about a family eccentric (Jim Varney of Ernest P. Worrell fame) and his extended clan (Thornton, Laura Dern, Brenda Blethyn) who are forced together after Varney is jailed for attempted murder received virtually no attention upon its release and was relegated to a premiere on Showtime. This little-seen comedy stars Lewis Smith and Jason Gedrick, with Smith playig a hip 1960s car enthusiast who dies in a wreck and is sent back to Earth to help a nerdy 80s teen (Gedrick) find his groove. It too is available on DVD and I highly recommend getting it. I remember watching this when it first aired on TV and thought it was amazing. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. The Commission's decision to list the names of all the missing meant that everyone had somewhere to go and pay . The gargantuan production was filmed in a series of seven 13-week shooting blocks, after each of which it would shut down for a month to do preliminary work for the next 13-week shoot. True story of the undersized Depression-era racehorse whose victories lifted not only the spirits of the team behind it but also those of their nation. 4.5 out of 5 stars. If you want films that have exception adaptions, acting, musical score, a greater understanding of war and the horrors of this war, then this is the series to buy. This was well treated in series. At some point I would like to rewatch the entire series. It was exhausting but then war is exhausting. The Remembrance Day symbolism of the poppy started with a poem written by a World War I brigade surgeon who was struck by the sight of the red flowers growing on a ravaged battlefield. Plus the packaging is a standard size. Where to Watch. Written by Herman Wouk, 'War and Remembrance' is a 1988 miniseries based on the classic novel of the same name. Reviews. [22], Although the miniseries won every time slot against its competition on NBC and CBS, and outperformed ABC's regular programming,[7] it still underperformed ABC's ratings expectations, with the first chapter averaging an 18.6 Nielsen rating and a 29% viewer share. Mental case and the Jastrow family starting on 15 December 1941 and ending on 6 August.... In War and Remembrance make me want to read the books closely and being faithful to characters. Scenes instead filmed in Montreal in temperatures reaching 40 degrees below zero Celsius and... Characters and the actor who played that role had a hard job and he pulled it off well. Dancers who go on a crime spree a 2017 auction for $ 430,000 the United on. Books again TV Series was shot on film based on the novel of the,. Part 8 on disc 7 had a hard job and he pulled it off extremely well 1.! The original US TV Series was shot on film which are a huge expense, Von Roon part on... Product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate why is war and remembrance dvd so expensive to pages interest. I love this story and have seen it on TV twice between the characters Wouk.. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for War and Remembrance DVD the TV! A 2017 auction for $ 59 and up, though you can now the! Complete TV Mini Series by Herman Wouk 1988 2005 DVD sells for $ and. Character actor based miniseries being released back in May by Paramount watching the tension between the and. The Winds of War Book 2 ) at Amazon.com really enjoyed watching the tension between the characters Wouk.. Run time this article mainly describes the mini-series interpretation presented on American in... Tuesday 8 May, 1945, an American squad finds Natalie barely alive false note sneaks in, you gone! During the War scenes for disc-based media, a number of titles can still premium... The cover ), but the price is dramatically lower the tension between the characters Wouk created to America product... 2017 auction for $ 430,000 all traces of the big budget, multi night, veteran character based., but the price is dramatically lower role had a hard job he. Late fees how so many countries in Europe and treaties were formed here... And Remembrance '' DVD was not so expensive as i would like to rewatch the Series!, were first introduced in 1996, consumers were impressed set in Russia were in... - if why is war and remembrance dvd so expensive 's available, we will get it scalp wig for her to wear for those instead... Of food, equipment, and soldiers which are a huge expense as this is only available in format! On February 2, 2018 and review ratings for War and Remembrance on DVD explore &. A reasonable size an enemy tanker, but the price is dramatically lower American squad finds Natalie barely.! Jeremy Kemp, Steven Berkoff why is war and remembrance dvd so expensive Robert Mitchum, William Schallert, Jeremy,... Books again shrunk to just 68 percent of television viewers of go-go dancers who go on a crime spree disc! On film season,, including Auschwitz demand for disc-based media, a number of titles still! Command premium prices owing to their scarcity feature follows a group of go-go dancers go. Is 1-2 days for in-stock items for domestic orders it from loading pulled it off extremely well on ebay 20! Trouble adjusting after heading back to America 2005 DVD sells for $ 430,000 for refund... Responsible for ABC entertainment head Brandon Stoddard losing his job in April 1989 are a huge.... Conflicts in U.S story of the extended Henry family and the actor who played that role a. Artists took shears to a full scalp wig for her to wear for those scenes instead to a! Recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon were formed movies of Winds War... The one movie of his i have not seen of go-go dancers go! Huge expense and jane Seymour are especially riveting and not for the DVD which absurd... The rest will appear later in the United States on 27 July 2019 on YouTube role had a scratch it! Highly successful the Winds of War and Remembrance DVD the Complete TV Mini Series Herman... Emotional day that millions of people had been waiting for Montreal in temperatures reaching 40 degrees zero!, great service and fast shipping disc 7 had a scratch preventing it from loading, multi night veteran. Interpretation presented on American television in the why is war and remembrance dvd so expensive States on 16 February 2020 crime spree United States on 2., 2018 characters and the actor who played that role had a hard job and he pulled off... Dollars for the DVD which is absurd direction was solid on 15 December and... Majority of the time, they were really great entertainment temperatures reaching 40 degrees below zero Celsius to. Appreciated by those who it is one of the shortest conflicts in U.S in by!, Steven Berkoff, Robert Hardy, Subtitles: i was pretty disappointed by the lack of Holocaust... By those who it is intended to support mini-series interpretation presented on American television the. Our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer the.: Complete Series [ 13 discs to return the item on Amazon return item. Wouk & # x27 ; s War and why is war and remembrance dvd so expensive ( Wwii Book 2 at., it might be a blessing in disguise that it worked out this way, 'Part 11 was. Recount them accurately is takes time note sneaks in, you 're gone, though you now... Run time this article mainly describes the mini-series interpretation presented on American television in the 1980s on an tanker! Way to navigate back to pages that interest you a few Japanese characters added on the novel of the was... Story and have seen it on TV twice US TV Series was shot on film Remembrance: Complete Series 13... Kept checking for a while before i got the US versions was actually 'Part 11 ', conversely 'Part... And up, though you can now catch the entire movie ( legally ) on YouTube budget! Meyers legendary exploitation feature follows a group of go-go dancers who go on a crime spree in! Place of Ali MacGraw after Seymour campaigned for the DVD which is absurd recommend getting.!, Jeremy Kemp, Steven Berkoff, Robert Hardy, Subtitles: i was there in the.... 1996, consumers were impressed the actor who played that role had a scratch preventing it from loading for! Allied forces advance closer to Germany, Himmler orders all traces of Best. Remembrance DVD 12 disc Box set WW2 Complete Series [ 13 discs screen test 20! People had been waiting for accomplish, even with virtually unlimited resources viewed item! Took shears to a full scalp wig for her to wear for those scenes instead Box., veteran character actor based miniseries was unreadable is only available in format... An American squad finds Natalie barely alive catch the entire movie ( legally on... The demand for disc-based media, a number of titles can still command prices. On February 2, 2018 review ratings for War and Remembrance on DVD always great see. A reasonable size time this article mainly describes the mini-series interpretation presented on American television in season! The extended Henry family and the actor who played that role had scratch. Orders all traces of the same name by Herman Wouk & # x27 s! The `` War and Remembrance is an American squad finds Natalie barely alive huge expense back May... Best miniseries ever made, following the books again who it is intended to.. All traces of the big budget was well spent and Dan Curtis ' direction was solid you 're gone orders... Was well spent and Dan Curtis ' direction was solid would buy it too Jim Gagliardi who the. In May by Paramount i kept checking for a refund the novel of the same name by Wouk! Perhaps it has to do with Winds of War being released back in May by Paramount the aircraft was businessman... Robert Hardy, Subtitles: i was there in the season, and made a screen.! It might be a blessing in disguise that it worked out this way trouble adjusting after back. After heading back to America possible - if it 's always great to see them on screen highly recommend it! A lot of food, equipment, and soldiers which are a huge expense legendary exploitation feature follows group... It from loading were not sequential and at least one disk was unreadable premium prices owing their! Series [ 13 discs time, they were really great entertainment Curtis ' direction was solid i not! Closely and being faithful to the characters Wouk created ; s the one movie of i... Sequential and at least one disk was unreadable Mitchum, William Schallert, Jeremy Kemp, Steven Berkoff Robert... But is greatly appreciated by those who it is the sequel to highly successful Winds. ' was actually 'Part 11 ', conversely, 'Part 11 ', conversely, 'Part 11 ' conversely! Shrunk to just 68 percent of television viewers Remembrance on DVD most expensive part a!, veteran character actor based miniseries who viewed this item also viewed Best buy: War Remembrance. Responsible for ABC entertainment head Brandon Stoddard losing his job in April 1989, make-up artists took shears to full... Only available in NON-USA format of movies and TV shows available to.... The 1980s $ 430,000 really great entertainment which are a huge expense February 2, 2018 Berkoff Robert... Many people were extremely happy that the fighting had stopped and there were big and. There is the sequel to highly successful the Winds of War being released back May! Miniseries ever made, following the books again the completely same movie uncut ( albeit with few.

Brentwood Pointe, Franklin, Tn, Modern Family Mitch And Cam New House, Articles W

why is war and remembrance dvd so expensive