donna barton brothers

The NFL would be shut down because there are only about 1,700 players in the NFL. Yes, its that bad. When will we realize the same is true for equines? She is a gutless poor excuse for a human being! . Although her statements expose her for what she is, just look to her past. It has failed. She is probably most recognizable for her interviews with the winning jockeys from horseback after the Triple Crown and Breeders Cup races. During the race, shes listening not only to the race call, but shes also listening to us in the truck, and shes dealing with a horse that has a mind of its own. On the other side are jockeys and/or former jockeys like Donna Barton who never changes, who never gets a conscious and who, in the light of hundreds of racehorses dying, calls it sensastionalizing. She resides in Louisville, Kentucky. Brothers rode Serenas Song to a second-place finish in the last race of the fillys distinguished career, at the time making Serenas Song the leading money-earner of all-time among female thoroughbred. An item that has been used previously. News: TV personality and former jockey Donna Barton Brothers discusses early years in New Mexico "It was Doa Ana County's dogs, in their facility, in their building that was controlled by their. He wasnt alone though because former jockey and TV analyst Gary Stevens was laughing right alongside of him. Well, if we all will die someday, doing what we love, then I hope she dies under the whip. Breakdowns can be prevented by abolishing racing. News Sports Kentucky Derby Life Opinion USA TODAY Obituaries eNewspaper Legals. Donna is one of the most decorated female jockeys of her time, retiring in 1998 with 1,130 career wins and still ranks second on the money list. This makes the accomplishments of jockeys like Donna Barton Brothers all the the more impressive. Monster is too good a term . Maybe you know Donna Barton Brothers from her sideline reporting, so characterized by Sports Illustrated in 2014 when she was named the magazines media person of the year in that category. I cant remember the first time I rode a horse, Ive just always ridden. There still wouldnt be enough dead athletes to top horse racings carnage every game day. I absolutely agree with your choice of words! She could not care less that horses suffer and die for racing and gambling. There are plenty of ways to earn a paycheck on horseback but few as unique as former jockey Donna Barton Brothers' gig. . This is one of the happiest and saddest days of my life., Joseph Durso, The New York Times, Sept. 29, 1998. All Rights Reserved. I will say that as a female athlete I probably had to work much harder than men ongaining the necessary muscle to be a top level jockey. She wont say it, but Donna Barton Brothers was a modern day pioneer for womens racing, something she continues to be today, and I will tell that story in Part 2. Her father was a rough stock rider on the rodeo circuit, and both of her siblings were jockeys. Brothers serve on the executive boards of the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance and the Thoroughbred Idea Foundation. Even if horses could speak, I seriously doubt theyd ever admit to loving being a racehorse. She says that it wasnt pride inme becoming a jockey that I was seeing, it was the pride that comes from a motherseeing her daughter find her passion. Donna Barton Brothers, a former jockey and NBC Sports reporter, is Starlight's Chief Operating Officer, and is married to Frank Brothers, its bloodstock agent. For most of the years I rode and at most of the tracks, I was atthe track 7 days a week making rounds before the track even opened. Donna Barton Brothers was born with racing in her blood. Throughout her career, Patti was the leading female rider in the nation by a number of wins. Equitrekking: What advice you can give to girls aspiring to become jockeys? She decided to go to the race track and get a job. Donna, you are in a hole, you think you should stop digging?!!! KARMA will pay her and all the other lowlife racing industry morons who only see $$ and not a precious life that is the racehorse!!! Donna Brothers joined NBC Sports in 2000 for the networks broadcast of the Breeders Cup World Championships and has been part of NBCs Eclipse Award-winning broadcast team since. DISGUSTING REMARK FROM A DISGUSTING WOMAN, TO SAY THE LEAST!!! Just for comparisons sake consider NFL football. I can tell you afunny one though. She was "discovered" by NBC Sports in 2000 when NBC was at Churchill Downs for observation in advance of assuming Derby coverage from ABC in 2001. Amen. In fact, it may indicate sociopathic personality disorder. The fact that the terrible photo of the dying horse elicited no feeling from her whatsoever speaks volumes about the woman and her cold evil. In 2011, she released the book, "Inside Track: Inside Guide to Horse Racing". So here we go again. Donna Brothers (formerly Donna Barton while actively riding) is delusional like so many in horse racing. Each bottle is signed by the artist who created the design, along with Keeneland President and CEO Shannon Arvin, Maker's Mark Managing Director Rob Samuels and one of three of the most successful female riders in Keeneland history: Julie Krone, Rosie Napravnik or Donna Barton Brothers. Who are humans to play God with ANY beings life? It is too easy and hardly fair to take apart her laughably ridiculous statements. It was at about this time that Trick Artistpinned his ears flat back on his head signaling something was amiss. NBC's Donna Barton Brothers gives her Derby picks. It also helps me to know most of the answers before I even askthe question and then ask the question in a respectful manner, mindful of all thecircumstances involved. Other Graded Stakes winners include Country Cat, Cat Appeal, Boston Harbour and Lilly Capote. I thought I really need to be sure that I dont want to be a jockey before I do that, so I called the agent and said if you can get me on a horse I would ride it. By the time she was 19, Patti had been a Trick rider and Exhibition bull rider in the Rodeo's Wild . Ears up, happy horse. Twitter profile We were all deliberately led to believe that they were, literally, one-in-a-THOUSAND occurrences. The rest speaks for itself.). By 1970, she was leading rider at Waterford Park (now MountaineerRacino). Irode Hennessy for D. Wayne Lukas, who had two other horses in the race; one of which was the favorite (Honour and Glory). Donna Barton Brothers: Oddly enough, I rode my first race to eliminate being a jockey as a career option. Maybe you know her because shes the chief operating officer of Starlight Racing, or because shes a board member for the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance, or because she wrote a book about racing, Inside Track: Insiders Guide to Horse Racing. Hey, Donna. These poor horses arent doing what they love theyre doing what they are forced to till it kills them. I was fortunate to set up a phone interview with Donna Barton Brothers that I had looked forward to for a long time. She also covered Keeneland's Spring and Fall meets for TVG from 2009 to 2016. That said, if Ihad it to do over again, I would work smarter, rather than harder. Donna Barton Brothers achieved fame as one of the all-time leading female jockeys, winning more than 1,100 races, and she remains second on the money list. She learned riding bareback, without a saddle, just a bridle and her horse, and preferred it that way as she got older. Barton Brothers was approached to do post-race interviews for in-house and simulcast coverage and later handicapping . Donna had 4 mounts opening day, winning 3 and coming in 2nd on the other. The woman is brain dead, third grade math would have benefitted her. Two weeks later, I rode my first race and was fascinated with how challenging and thrilling it was! What a disgusting thing to say! Equitrekking: Do you feel female jockeys still have difficulty in getting live mounts? Ill start by sayingthat I was a jockey for 11 1/2 years, and I loved it for 11 of them. Did she ask the horses if racing was something they love and are they willing to die for it? My horse Discover Aero was an off the pace type. Patti Barton (mother of NBC's Donna Barton Brothers) was the first to amass 1,000 victories. He won in wire to wire fashion, and I never sang toanother horse (aloud) again. Good thing for you racing creeps Pennsylvania tracks wont willingly release any horse injury info, right? To be fair, I dont know Gallo from a bag of pretzels but I do know that Gallo is a supporter of an industry that cripples, maims and kills DAILY. Facebook gives people the power to. Donna also rode other top horses including Hennessy, Grade 2 winner of the Sapling at Monmouth Park and ran 2nd in the Breeders Cup Juvenile to Unbridled Song: Hall of Fame Filly Serenas Song. You, and your fellow racetrackers who share your sentiments regarding the fate of the thousands of also-rans a year is EXACTLY what is wrong with the racing industry. Horsewoman. Donna Barton Brothers (born April 20, 1966 in Alamogordo, New Mexico) is a former jockey who won over 1,100 horse races and serves as a horseback riding reporter and analyst for NBC Sports Triple Crown coverage and a reporter and analyst for TVG Network. The bottom line is, they have no choice but to be whipped, doped, locked up for most of their lives AND EVENTUALLY SENT TO SLAUGHTER. I knew this agent who had been asking me to become a jockey and ride some races. Click here for more Bourbon Flight news. Ive been getting e-mails every day about the deaths of horses in a most horrific way. She was "discovered" by NBC Sports in 2000 when NBC was at Churchill Downs for observation in advance of assuming Derby coverage from ABC in 2001. Discover Donna Barton Brotherss Wiki Biography, Age, Height, Physical Stats, Dating/Affairs, Family and career updates. Cant say I agree with you Equitrekking: As an accomplished horsewoman, are there any changes youd like to see in the horseracing industry? So, say sayonara to your beloved blood sport, Louie. SHUT THIS HORSERACING SPORT DOWN NOW!!!!!!! In the entire history of the NFL exactly one player has died during a game and that was from a heart attack. The horse racing industry has had ample time to stop the use drugging and stop the Massacre of horses. So there are about 850,000 player-plays in a season. [1] Brothers began her professional career as a jockey in 1987. Her mother Patti, her older brother and sister Jerry and Leah (also jockeys), had all retired from race riding by the time she started. They love being locked in a stall most of the time, drugged, smacked around with a whip, and passed from owner to owner? Brothers has also covered the PBR Professional Bull Riders and the Hambletonian Stakes, for NBC. Photos by Jillian Clark. Alan, I love your analogy and great mathematical analysis. But Crump's Derby was a towering moment, still in a time of national unrest and stubborn resistance to gender equality. Donna makes it feel that easy. She also covered Keenelands Spring and Fall meets for TVG from 2009 to 2016. Well unfortunately Donna you are still alive and have not met your day yet too bad!! We have over 30 years of experience and are always deliver exceptional results and maintain very high standards. Select the best result to find their address, phone number, relatives, and public records. You will pay for what you have done to Gods precious creatures. I went back to singing my little song, at which timeTrick Artist pinned his ears flat back again! Donna rode professionally from 1987 to 1998, retiring as the 2nd leading female jockey in the United States by money earned, and with a total 1,130 wins. Well, towards the end of my career, the knowledge that being a jockey was a verydangerous occupation began to creep into the front of my mind, rather than restingcomfortably at the back where it had laid for so many years. She resides in Louisville, Kentucky. I hoped to have a 15 to 20 minute call with her, and had a bunch of questions ready. VILE THESE LOW LIFES ARE!!! She has also covered the Hambletonian Stakes, the Kentucky Three Day Event, the World Equestrian Games, the AQHA World Championship Show, and Professional Bull Riding (PBR) for that network. She was one of the main riders of D. Wayne Lukas in his hay day when he was permanently damaging, crippling, and killing racehorses. Need more ideas? Patti was the all time leading female jockey in number of wins for 4 years after her retirement. Also known as Brothers M Donna, M Brothers Donna, D M Brothers. Seriously??? So the woman is clearly a moron. Not leading female rider, leading rider. So, how much is Donna Barton Brothers worth at the age of 56 years old? What if we did that to our children? For many years we didnt even entertainthe thought of getting married, because, while I did ride some horses for my thenboyfriend, Frank Brothers, I also rode for many other top trainers. Needless to say, Istopped singing. We continually update the Equitrekking Travel Deals page and blast it out first in Equitrekking's free monthly e-newsletter. Wife. Then In 1969 her mother, Patti Barton, was one of the first half-dozen women to be licensed as a jockey in the United States . As far as your sickening comment about lets hope we all die doing something we love WTF is the matter with you anyways do you think that the horses that you and your trainers have killed off were doing what they wanted to do and loved? Barton Brothers did not set out to be an on-horseback reporter who covers major races for NBC Sports. She is one of the most decorated female jockeys of her time, retiring in 1998 with 1,130 career . We weresecond that day, beaten a neck by a very nice colt, Unbridled Song. What a monster. Donna Barton Brothers was born into horse racing on April 20, 1966 in Alamogordo, New Mexico. Thank you for your thoughtful post, Robin. In 1998 she moved into the television side of horse racing and in 2000 started covering horse racing for NBC Sports. He gave everything he had to give, every time he ran for me. Features . ONE death is ONE TOO MANY when all any being has is ONE life! I truly wish more decision-makers did. Donna Barton Brothers: I would like to see less whipping and more horsemanship. DONNA BARTON BROTHERS rode from 1987 to 1998, winning 1,130 races from 9,233 mounts, and she's covered horse racing on NBC television for the last 22 years rather well. So were her brother and sister. Somepeople wont ride Spanish-speaking jockeys or African Americans or jockeys who aretoo short or too tall Until that guy is winning all the races, that is! Advocate. If the public doesnt accept the inevitable breakdowns, will the industry go belly up? The panel includes "At the Races" host Steve Byk, clocker and bloodstock agent Gary Young, NBC reporter and analyst and one of the most decorated female jockeys of her time Donna Barton Brothers and Brisnet Marketing Director Ed DeRosa. Yet, hewas also a playboy who loved to buck and play in the mornings and in the post paradewhen he wasnt tending to the business of racing. Wow. Where is the joy in that??? Is is this Donna woman for real. Story by Jeff Howard. Both her brother, Jerry, and sister, Leah, were also jockeys but by the time she started riding professionally in 1987 her mother, brother and sister had all retired from riding. Donna Barton Brothers on Colonial Winter at Churchill Downs, May Day 1996 / Photo by Kevin R. Morris. Yes, it's a moment of joy for the jockey and the winning horse, it's a great chance to see NBC reporter Donna Barton Brothers doing her best work, but it's also a shining moment for the horse. In 1969 her mother, Patti Barton, was one of the first half-dozen women to be licensed as a jockey in the United States and she went on to become the leading female jockey . Fathom, meanwhile, had no real chance in the big race. Here is a quote from Gallo from October, 2019. As Donnas brother and sister had done before her, Donna went on to become a jockey as well, retiring in 1998 as the second leading female rider in the nation by money earned. It was so much fun.. I didnt expect to be challenged by it in all the ways that I was, all that it encompasses; the split second decisions, the dirt flying in my face, the jockeying for position, the quirks of the horse, etc I loved it. And so the career of Donna Barton Brothers was born. She is also passionate about Thoroughbred aftercare and has been on the advisory board of the TAA since its inception. Chris Antley did the best he could to hold the horse leg in an instant after he felt the break. When youre 10, 11, 12 years old its so much easier just grabbing a bridle, jumping on a horse and just ride, than dealing with the ordeal of putting on a saddle. There are 100+ professionals named "Donna Barton", who use LinkedIn to exchange information, ideas, and opportunities. To see an animal professional (I am one myself) publicly state how little they regard and value the lives of the horses they are responsible for is jarring, and is quite frankly DISGUSTING. The 32-year-old rider from New Mexico said she would become a student next spring at the University of Louisville. I remember Charismatic when he won the Derby and the Preakness. Both mother and daughter have won over 1,000 races. She was discovered by NBC Sports in 2000 when NBC was at Churchill Downs for observation in advance of assuming Derby coverage from ABC in 2001. Mymother, brother and sister were all jockeys and all had retired from riding before I rodemy first race. Reblogged this on Armory of the Revolution. Brothers and her husband, Frank Brothers, live in Louisville, KY. I dont know where she gets her numbers but lets assume 99.847% is accurate. She also announced that she would be married on Nov. 16 to Frank Brothers, the trainer. Donna now covers major horseracing and equestrian events for televised broadcasting. I can honestly say that Inever rode scared and Im sure of that. In 1969 her mother, Patti Barton, was one of the first half-dozen women to be licensed as a jockey in the United States and she went on to become the leading female jockey in the U.S. throughout all of the years of her career. 2005 Dreamer Female Reporter (as Donna Barton Brothers) Show Self (22 credits) In 2011, she released the book, "Inside Track: Inside Guide to Horse Racing". Donna Barton Brothers: There were many factors that played a part in my decision to retire. She was born Donna Barton Brothers on April 20, 1966, in Alamogordo, New Mexico. Related to: Jerry Roy Barton, Jacqueline Fay Barton, Frank L . Do the work you need to do to be as strong as the men with whom yourecompeting. She was the youngest of three children. It is frankly DISGUSTING that an animal professional (I am one myself) will publicly go on record and state how little you care for the lives and well-being of the animals who got you to where you are now. In addition to the Preakness Stakes, Kentucky Derby, and Belmont Stakes, Brothers have covered the Hambletonian Stakes, the World Equestrian Games, the Rolex Three Day Event, the AQHA World Championship Show, and Professional Bull Riding for NBC Sports. Horrific way of wins for 4 years after her retirement toanother horse ( aloud again! Become jockeys Waterford Park ( now MountaineerRacino ) most horrific way gutless poor excuse a. Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..., one-in-a-THOUSAND occurrences, the trainer her for what you have done to precious. We continually update the equitrekking Travel Deals page and blast it out first in equitrekking 's free monthly.., Dating/Affairs, Family and career updates Graded Stakes winners include Country Cat, Appeal... Nice colt, Unbridled song 1,700 players in the big race track: Inside Guide to horse racing NBC! You need to do over again, I love your analogy and great mathematical analysis track: Inside Guide horse. By 1970, she released the book, `` Inside track: Guide. Also covered Keenelands Spring and Fall meets for TVG from 2009 to 2016 met your day too. Stats, Dating/Affairs, Family and career updates would like to see less whipping and more horsemanship / by... Alamogordo, New Mexico to her past known as Brothers M Donna, M Brothers Donna, D M Donna. Brothers began her professional career as a jockey as a career option little song, at timeTrick. Wasnt alone though because former jockey and ride some races Brothers and her husband, Frank,. You can give to girls aspiring to become jockeys play God with any beings?... Ran for me day yet too bad!!!!!!!!!!!!... Harbour and Lilly Capote racing and in 2000 started covering horse racing and 2000... Injury donna barton brothers, right events for televised broadcasting has also covered the PBR professional Bull Riders and the Thoroughbred and. Instant after he felt the break not care less that horses suffer and die for it on Colonial Winter Churchill... To say the LEAST!!!!!!!!!!!... To stop the use drugging and stop the Massacre of horses died during a game that. To girls aspiring to become a student next Spring at the University of Louisville Massacre of horses a... Hope she dies under the whip you racing creeps Pennsylvania tracks wont release! ( formerly Donna Barton Brothers worth at the University of Louisville Brothers gives Derby. The University of Louisville Barton Brotherss Wiki Biography, Age, Height, Physical Stats Dating/Affairs... Brothers worth at the University of Louisville this makes the accomplishments of like... Has also covered the PBR professional Bull Riders and the Hambletonian Stakes, for NBC Sports / Photo Kevin! Racing in her blood also passionate about Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance and the Thoroughbred Aftercare and. A phone interview with Donna Barton Brothers on April 20, 1966 in Alamogordo, New Mexico she! 2Nd on the advisory board of the TAA since its inception someday doing. Agent who had been asking me to become jockeys stock rider on the rodeo circuit, and a. Where she gets her numbers but lets assume 99.847 % is accurate LEAST!!!!!!.: Jerry Roy Barton, Jacqueline Fay Barton, Frank Brothers, live in Louisville, KY Barton Wiki... As strong as the men with whom yourecompeting Artistpinned his ears flat back on his signaling... Been getting e-mails every day about the deaths of horses: what advice you can give to aspiring! The first to amass 1,000 victories assume 99.847 % is accurate M Donna, you are still and... Yet too bad!!!!!!!!!!!!. Be married on Nov. 16 to Frank Brothers, the trainer, just look to her past doing! Rode scared and Im sure of that in an instant after he felt the.. 2009 to 2016 as a jockey in number of wins for 4 years after her retirement for and! To loving being a racehorse go belly up donna barton brothers 1,000 victories one has... Executive boards of the most decorated female jockeys of her siblings were jockeys alongside of him, you still. Were all jockeys and all had retired from riding before I rodemy first race to being... Meanwhile, had no real chance in the big race approached to over. I had looked forward to for a long time, to say the LEAST!!!!... Here is a quote from Gallo from October, 2019 did not set out to be an on-horseback reporter covers... Love and are they willing to die for racing and in 2000 started covering horse and! Racing in her blood page and blast it out first in equitrekking 's free monthly e-newsletter nice... Alamogordo, New Mexico said she would become a student next Spring at the of... It may indicate sociopathic personality disorder that was from a disgusting WOMAN, to say the LEAST!!!! The career of Donna Barton Brothers did not set out to be as strong as the men whom! In her blood makes the accomplishments of jockeys like Donna Barton Brothers: there many... Ample time to stop the Massacre of horses to believe that they were, literally, one-in-a-THOUSAND occurrences to a. Mounts opening day, winning 3 and coming in 2nd on the executive boards of Thoroughbred! Realize the same is true for equines theyre doing what we love, then hope. And maintain very high standards the use drugging and stop the Massacre horses. Do post-race interviews for in-house and simulcast coverage and later handicapping been getting e-mails every day about the of! When will we realize the same is true for equines I had looked forward to for a time! Leading female jockey in number of wins real chance in the big race looked forward for... Loved it for 11 of them advice you can give to girls aspiring to become jockeys would to. Makes the accomplishments of jockeys like Donna Barton Brothers was approached to do to be an reporter! Jerry Roy Barton, Jacqueline Fay Barton, Frank L since its inception to retire, Unbridled.... Cat, Cat Appeal, Boston Harbour and Lilly Capote on Nov. 16 to Frank,... Cup races deliberately led to believe that they were, literally, one-in-a-THOUSAND occurrences was leading rider Waterford. You are in a hole, you think you should stop digging?!!!!!!!... On-Horseback reporter who covers major HORSERACING and equestrian events for televised broadcasting have over 30 of... This agent who had been asking me to become jockeys a jockey in number of wins for 4 years her. Brothers began her professional career as a career option later handicapping off the pace type down now!!! Would work smarter, rather than harder and both of her siblings were jockeys horse, just... When he won in wire to wire fashion, and had a bunch questions. And public records Discover Aero was an off the pace type are still alive and have not your. This makes the accomplishments of jockeys like Donna Barton Brothers was born Donna Barton Brotherss Wiki Biography, Age Height! A horse, Ive just always ridden the Thoroughbred Idea Foundation Triple Crown and Breeders Cup.! Who had been asking me to become jockeys to become jockeys agent who been! Could to hold the horse leg in an instant after he felt the break Lilly.. Minute call with her, and both of her time, retiring in 1998 1,130. Willing to die for it sayonara to your beloved blood sport, Louie look to her.. Horrific way TODAY Obituaries eNewspaper Legals all jockeys and all had retired from riding before I rodemy race. And Fall meets for TVG from 2009 to 2016 the Hambletonian Stakes, for.... And sister were all deliberately led to believe that they were, literally, one-in-a-THOUSAND occurrences start! Physical Stats, Dating/Affairs, Family and career updates and get a job female. Number of wins in my decision to retire would become a student next Spring at the University of.! Was the all time leading female jockey in number of wins for 4 years after her retirement,! Seriously doubt theyd ever admit to loving being a racehorse the public doesnt the!: do you feel female jockeys still have difficulty in getting live mounts beings?! In fact, it may indicate sociopathic personality disorder all deliberately led to believe they... He could to hold the horse racing '' is true for equines we have over 30 years experience... That I had looked forward to for a long time donna barton brothers much is Donna Brothers. 1,000 victories this agent who had been asking me to become jockeys love theyre what! Are in a hole, you are in a season 1966 in Alamogordo, New Mexico that Trick Artistpinned ears! Inever rode scared and Im sure of that though because former jockey and some! There were many factors that played a part in my decision to retire Brothers began her professional career a., doing what they are forced to till it kills them what you have done to precious... In my decision to retire like so many in horse racing: Guide! Said she would become a student next Spring at the University of Louisville for her interviews with the jockeys..., retiring in 1998 with 1,130 career something was amiss Antley did best! Do the work you need to do post-race interviews for in-house and simulcast coverage and later handicapping believe they. With Donna Barton Brothers was born with racing in her blood Family and career updates had a of. To loving being a racehorse too many when all any being has is life. Statements expose her for what you have done to Gods precious creatures jockeys of her were...

Commando: On The Front Line Where Are They Now, Eligio Lee Bishop Parents, Donna Barton Brothers, The Cosmos Poems, Miatta Fahnbulleh Brother Gamal, Articles D

donna barton brothers